some key expressions in Korean that you might find useful when dining at a restaurant:
- 안녕하세요 (annyeonghaseyo) – Hello
- 메뉴판 주세요 (menyu pan juseyo) – Can I have a menu please?
- 주문할게요 (jumunhalkkeyo) – I would like to order
- 이거 주세요 (igeo juseyo) – Please give me this
- 매운 것 / 안매운 것 (maeun geot / anmaeun geot) – Spicy / Non-spicy
- 맛있게 먹었습니다 (masitge meogeossseubnida) – It was delicious
- 계산할게요 (gyesanhalkkeyo) – I would like to pay the bill
- 카드로 할께요(kadeuro halgeyo) – I will pay by card
- 감사합니다 (gamsahamnida) – Thank you
These expressions will come in handy when you’re dining out at a restaurant in Korea.